Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Can I admit this?

The admission is that I think that my energy and inclination toward blogging has taken and will yet take a dive in recent times. Recently I don't have the energy for it and I don't have much that interests me enough right now to put forth the (yes, it's true) meager amount of energy that it takes to actually type something out and post on my blog. So I'm kind of self-announcing that I'm granting myself permission to blog less often now that we're back in the US, at least for a while.
I remember that, when I started this blog, I was really excited to write in it and post my analysis of stuff and opine and whine and announce our going to Japan. And I honestly enjoyed describing our experiences in Japan as well. But now my life has returned to American-style and I'll just be working a lot for a while.
So here's to lack of energy. Hopefully I'll get more ganas to post in the near future. If not, well, there's always the next time we go overseas (Lord willing).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could try posting a blog about your life in America as though it were foreign. For example:

"Today I had another experience riding in what the natives call a 'car'. It has four wheels and is powered by an internal combustion engine that burns something called 'gasoline'. It's crazy how fast you can go on if you really press on the accelerator pedal, but it's not always easy to outrun those quirky 'highway patrol' officers (as they're called), and they seem to get really bent out of shape if they do catch you. Not understanding most of what they say, I usually just nod, smile, and say 'yes, sir'. Once I asked one if could take his picture (I was going to post it on this blog), but he said if I did he would have to take my picture from the front and from the side while I held a little plaque with numbers on it--whatever that meant."

FreeCyprus said...

Very interesting blog...I shall return!

-- FreeCyprus
Hellenic Reporter

Ka Ki said...

well, alan, hope you hang in there being in the States. I pray that you will be content in every situation which the Lord has for you. I'm praying....love,kaki....how about try to write a list of blessing and stick it in front of your work computer and your bathroom mirror....here is mine:
1) I can buy Mexican ingredient here
2) have Starbucks coffee....even the cup is one size smaller
3) I just find a part-time English teaching job at church
4) can sleep in
5) the pizza hut's pizza here is the same as Papa John's in the States
6) my lovely mom
7) my little brother gives me shoulder massage
8) the AC in this room where I'm sitting now
9) two gal friends that I meet at church now...and they call me....man, my phone finally rings
10) Tosin bought a phone card to try to call me...and she called in a wrong time and left four messages on my phone