Monday, July 09, 2012

Atheist opinion


  • I have to say you people are pieces of work. you only look at what is potentially to be, and not the overall situations of these women. so since you all have so much time on your hands to focus on controlling other people's lives, since yours are all obviously perfect, how about taking that energy and go adopt a non aborted child or 2 that have been given up for adoption? OH, wait, that makes sense and solves at least part of your dilemma. how about you take 2 seconds and think "maybe this woman has a life threateing situation that requires this abortion" but that takes too much common sense, you would rather make her feel like shit. also overlooking that not everyone fits into your closed minded, ignorance laden views of what types of people have abortions, nor do you really look into the reasons why, all you do is protest and make situations worse..you are the ones who are truly sickening..
     · 

      • Rhology Hi David,
        Thanks for stopping by to register your opinion.
        I am indeed a piece of work. Jesus rescued me from atheism and the hopeless path I was on and has spent quite a lot of time and effort reworking me. I'm a lot different than I was when He found me, I'm glad to say.

        No doubt you're referring to my convictions and activities related to abolition of human abortion, but I must protest your mischaracterisation. We most certainly do not ONLY look at what is potentially to be. In fact, that's not even close to a very important concern for us. Rather, we are concerned with many things and we work toward bringing all of these things into accord with God's will:
        -the life of the preborn child
        -the life and future health of the mother
        -the future conscience and spiritual and emotional health of the mother
        -...and of the father and anyone else involved
        -the spiritual well-being of society (for a society that loves killing children for convenience has serious spiritual problems)

        Those are a few off the top of my head. The most paramount is the life of the victim - the child. The child is not POTENTIALLY alive. The child is not POTENTIALLY human. He is human, and alive. He's just really tiny. We defend his right to life.

        Thing is, though, have you read anything about our activities aimed at helping mothers who have crisis pregnancies? Why don't you go do that and then come back and let me know what problems you found?
        www.blog.abolishhumanabortion.com

        As for this:
        \\how about taking that energy and go adopt a non aborted child or 2 that have been given up for adoption?\\

        I have already answered it here:
        http://abolishhumanabortion.com/faq/#you-cant-speak-about-abortion-unless-you-are-going-to-adopt-children-of-your-own-or-take-care-of-all-the-extra-children

        In fact, I'd encourage you to read the whole FAQ. You'll find most all of your objections cited and decisively trashed there.

        \\ how about you take 2 seconds and think "maybe this woman has a life threateing situation that requires this abortion"\\

        http://abolishhumanabortion.com/faq/#life-of-the-mother-is-in-danger

        \\you would rather make her feel like shit\\

        I don't believe for one second you could produce any evidence that any abolitionist has done anything of the kind. I challenge you to do so. Rather, I think you're just speaking out of your bias.

        \\ ignorance laden\\

        Please identify what is ignorant about our view. Be specific, offer an argument.

        \\you are the ones who are truly sickening..\\

        May I suggest that when an atheist says sthg like that, it is literally meaningless? Am I supposed to care what you think? Why? Do you have access to some moral authority that I don't? Will anyone remember what we are or what we've done in 100 years? Even if we're really good or really bad, it'll all crumble into dust. Whether I stood for mass child murder or whether I was a dedicated philanthropist, we will all die and be forgotten, won't we?
        So, so what if your opinion of us is low? Seriously, what are you trying to say?

No comments: